Not your average birthday party
At how many parties can children come home saying they had fun and helped a charity out?
It may sound a bit worthy, but previous attendees will tell you that their day with us was full of laughter, adrenaline and team work. What’s more, you’ll be surprised just how much teenagers and children want to get involved in volunteering. We blend the fun of computer games, the storytelling of immersive theatre and the joy of volunteering to make completely unique events.
Flee the Snow Queen, help Merlin solve riddles or don shades and become a spy for the day in one of our fantastic immersive events. Our parties centre around a scavenger hunt which you must complete while aiding or avoiding our actors, with clues and riddles along the way to take you from location to location. Unlike other children’s parties, we actively encourage parents to take part, making our activities a fun way to bond with your child’s friends, and work together as teams.
Read more about what we do on this page or use our quotation form for a quick cost estimate and to discuss your party requirements.
Why book a Komorabi Party?
- Give children a completely unique experience, quite different from the usual children’s entertainment and cake.
- Get your children and teens outside, exploring and having fun rather than looking at a screen
- Children will learn to negotiate and use critical thinking throughout
- Enjoy the opportunity to work with your child and their peers as you rally together to fend off the villain/threat in each game
- Exciting and engaging enough to stimulate children aged 8-14 years old
- Our trained actors and props bring the story to life
- Encourage team work and volunteering in a fun and memorable way
- Children can also enjoy all the usual party elements – birthday balloons, cake and goodie bags.
How does it work?
- Teams of 4-6 will be made up of a mixture of children and parents.
- Clues are either offline or sent through on our app.
- Our party events will be based in safe, public green spaces no more than 30 minutes’ drive or public transport journey from your home.
- A team of 3 actors and 2 facilitators will be with the children.
- At the end of the party, scores are counted and a winning team is announced.
- The activity lasts around 2 hours, after which the party can be brought back to the starting spot, your home or your party venue.
- The items collected on the scavenger hunt are donated to a relevant charity. Previous charities we’ve worked with include Mary’s Meals Backpack Project, where children gather school supplies for a child in Malawi, and Glass Door, a fantastic organisation that provides shelter for homeless people throughout London.
Our trained actors bring the event themes to life. Younger children love their characters and get very involved in the story and the actors can play their roles more serious to create a fully immersive experience for older children and teens.
messages have surfaced about a foe – rally together to help Merlin defeat his nemesis.
Step into a fairytale
Benefits of volunteering for children
Introducing volunteering or charitable behaviour at an early age has great benefits to a child’s development. Exercises have shown increased empathy, better team work and a wider sense of responsibility in children who partake in volunteer activities. But that’s not all, read our article on the Ten Reasons Children and Teens Should Volunteer.
What is immersive volunteering?
Immersive volunteering is basically doing good deeds but while immersed in a story or game. There is a scientific explanation behind it, but put most simply, it means you can be doing charitable things without really noticing or going out of your way. Do good, have fun!